SPOILS OF WAR:
- Zazz: Became the Scribe of the Queen and received the Wand of Wonder
- Merrick: Became the Queen’s Quiver and received a Bow of Wounding
- Greda: Became the Shield of the Queen and received the Belt of Hill Giant Strength
- Reiker: Became the Queen’s Cowl and received the Cloak of Arachnida
- Orin: Became the Song of the Queen and received…..a Lute of some kind.
The defeat of the Deep King now allows the city of Graxultug to calm…..but the weight of the crown now falls heavily onto Queen Eldeth’s head. She is not sure if she’s ready for such a burden. Her first act as Queen? To reach out to the different factions of the city and see if they will agree to a change in Government! A democracy is preferable to our new queen than an outright Monarchy.
- Merrick went to the Stone speakers to ask the following:
- Will the Stone speakers accept a democracy? (ANSWER: NO. CHANGE IS BAD)
- Can the crystal (which determines the rightful ruler of Graxultug) be split? (ANSWER: NO. THAT WILL BREAK IT. DO NOT BREAK THE CRYSTAL)
- Also – PLEASE SEE THESE SHINY ADAMANTINE SUITS OF ARMOR WHICH WE WILL GIVE YOU IF YOU KEEP DOING THINGS OUR WAY (THIS IS NOT A BRIBE, STONE SPEAKERS DO NOT BRIBE)
- Zazz went to the Council of Savants to put them in their place (and if they will support a democracy)
- “Tea….why yes, fetch me some tea! No, I don’t want any tea….I just wanted you to bring me some.” – Zazz, Master of throwing shade
- After being dragged, Savants said they do not care what the regime is as long as they are left alone to do their experiments…….on demons….and citizens….!
- “Here’s some level 5 spell scrolls if you leave us alone!”
- Greda went to the Wurm Society and talked face to face with the DRAGON, Themberchaud.
- It was very polite, up until Greda said that Themberchaud would have to go through her if he had even the slightest thought about harming Eldeth.
- THEN the full terrible and mighty came out.
- Themberchaud voiced support for full democracy, and said he would "sear the crystal on the souls of the people," and by way of sweetening the pot, offered five gems of fire elemental summoning.
- Orrin stayed behind to cater to the Nobles – this is the kind of shit he lives for! He’s got a Gala to prepare for.
- Reiker went to the Salt Baron’s & had a perfectly pleasant meeting with Sarith (who was charming??? Obviously, Sarith’s not acting like himself)
- The Salt Baron would be happy to do anything the Queen wanted.
- Reiker noticed the fungal growth on Sarith's face, and was like, uh, you should have that checked.
- When Sarith and Reiker returned the castle to find Eldeth, they ran into Orin planning the party.
- …….unpleasantness happened
- ……which upset the Salt Baron (we think. Reiker was spying on him and Sarith at this point, and Reiker’s lip-reading skills aren’t great).